Art Leadership Day
Calling ALL Art Students!
The Museum of Contemporary Art
1485 Delgany Street
Denver, CO 80202
Friday, October, 4th, 2019
8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Sponsored by the Colorado Art Education Association and the Museum of Contemporary Art
• Our mission is to connect Colorado’s high school art students with Colorado’s college and university art programs as they prepare for careers in creative industries.
• Students will participate in workshops and art making sessions that discuss admissions and portfolio development specific to area institutions. Art making sessions will allow students to converse personally with representatives from these institutions.
• Teachers register their students for this event.
• Cost is $10.00 per student. Costs cover lunch, swag, facilities fees, event operations, and future student scholarships.
• All students will receive breakfast and lunch, a t-shirt, make art and tons of great connections!
• Teachers attend for free. Participating teachers receive certificate for 8 hours of continuing education credit.
* University of Northern Colorado * Arapahoe Community College *Adams State University * Metro State University * Denver Artist Carlos Fresquez
Block sessions are organized for students to connect with Colorado's colleges and universities. Students will choose one college for the morning block, and one college for the afternoon block. Students do not need to pre-select their block choices.
Registration/Breakfast: 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Block 1 - Choose a College Artmaking Workshop
9:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Artist Keynote: 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
College Open Tables
Block 2 - Choose a College Artmaking Workshop
12:15 PM - 1:45 PM
Wrap-up and Thank You 1:45 - 2:00
NAHS Leadership Day Flier
Block 1 and 2: These times consist of students choosing a college to explore. Students have the opportunity to
- Participate in hands on art making time and further individual Q & A opportunities to connect with college representatives.
- Learn important information about what universities look for in the preparation of an art portfolio.
- Information about universities, admissions requirements, application process, specific art department programs and information, and what makes student life unique at a particular school.
- Inquire about career paths in the arts
Open Information Tables
Information tables will be available throughout the day. Students will have time to visit tables during breakfast and lunch. Tables will provide students any information necessary for student education and recruitment.
If you need further information please contact