Art Leadership Day
Calling ALL Art Students!
North High School
2960 Speer Blvd
Denver, Colorado 80211
Saturday, September 29th, 2018
from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
sponsored by the
Colorado Art Education Association
• Our mission is to connect Colorado’s high school art students with Colorado’s college and university art programs as they prepare for careers in creative industries.
• Students will participate in workshops and art making sessions that discuss admissions and portfolio development specific to area institutions. Art making sessions will allow students to converse personally with representatives from these institutions.
• Teachers register their students for this event.
• Cost is $10.00 per student. Costs cover lunch, swag, facilities fees, event operations, and future student scholarships.
Block sessions are organized for students to connect with Colorado's colleges and universities. Students will choose one college for the morning block, and one college for the afternoon block. Students do not need to pre-select their block choices.
Meow Wolf Keynote 8:30 - 9:25
Block 1 9:35 AM - 11:30 AM
Block 2 12:35 PM - 2:30 PM
Wrap-up and Thank You 2:30 - 3:00
1. Presentations about Building Portfolios and Works for Application Process
Students have the opportunity to learn important information about what universities look for in the preparation of an art portfolio.
2. College Presentations and Q&A
Students have the opportunity to learn important information about universities, admissions requirements, application process, specific art department programs and information, and what makes student life unique at a particular school.
Students will participate in hands on art making time and further individual Q & A opportunities to connect with college representatives.
Open Information Tables
Information tables will be available throughout the day. Students will have time to visit tables during the lunch hour. Tables will provide students any information necessary for student education and recruitment.
Breakout sessions are to be
scheduled as follows:
Super Session: 8:30 AM - 9:25 AM: Welcome and Meow Wolf Keynote
Part 1: 9:35 AM - 11:30 AM
Lunch: 11:30 AM -12:30 PM: College Open Tables
Part 1: 12:35 PM - 2:30 PM
Super Session: 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM: Wrap-up and Thank You
If you need further information please contact